These configuration instructions for the Netgear MR814v2 wireless router. The instructions may be similar to all other Netgear routers.
To connect to the administrative interface:
Plug one end of a Category 5 Ethernet cable into your computer’s network adapter. Plug the other end into port 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the wireless access point.
Type http://192.168.0.1 into the location bar in your web browser.
Enter “admin” as the username and “password” as the password (neither has quotes, both are lowercase).
Also Check: How to Troubleshoot Wireless Router
Steps to Configure Netgear Wireless Router Settings:
1. Basic Settings
Choose “Basic Settings” from the left column. The default settings are probably correct:
- No login
- No account name or domain name
- Get Internet IP address dynamically from ISP
- Get DNS address automatically from ISP
- Use the default router MAC address.
- Once you have verifed these settings, click “Apply.”
2. Wireless Settings:
- Choose “Wireless Settings” from the left column.
- Enter a Name (SSID) for your access point. Do not use “NCSU” as the SSID. We recommend using your Unity ID.
- Make sure the checkbox next to “Enable Wireless Access Point” is checked.
- Uncheck the box next to “Allow Bradcase ot Name (SSID).” This will help prevent other people from accidentally connecting to your access point.
- The channel setting can be changed to whatever provides you the best signal. If two access points are near each other and on the same channel, neither will work well.
- Once you have entered these settings, click “Apply.” Then click the “Setup Access List” button.
3. Wireless Settings – Wireless Card Access List:
- Check the box next to “Turn Access Control On.” This setting allows you to specify what computers can use your access point.
- Next, click the “Add” button.
4. Wireless Settings – Wireless Card Access List – Wireless Card Access Setup:
- This is how you specify what wireless devices can connect to your access point; for example, your laptop.
- Enter a descriptive name for the device.
- Enter the MAC address for the wireless adapter of the device. Instructions for finding your MAC address are available.
- Click “Add.”
5. Wireless Settings – Wireless Card Access List:
- Repeat the actions listed in step four of this document for every device you want to connect to your wireless access point. Note that if you wish to connect wired computers to the ports on this router, you will need to add them as well.
- Once you have finished, click “Apply.”
6. Set Password:
- Choose “Set Password” from the left column.
- Enter the current password in the “Old Password” box.
- Enter a new password in the “New Password” box.
- Re-enter your new password in the “Repeat New Password” box.
- Click “Apply.”
7 If you don’t have any other changes you wish to make, click the “Logout” link in the left column.
8 Connect a Category 5 Ethernet cable to your ResNet data jack. Plug the other end into the “Internet” port on the wireless router. At this point, you should be good to go!
Must Read: Configure D-Link Wireless Router
That’s all folks, In this post we had explained about netgear router login, admin, password and how to configure netgear wireless router step by step procedure. If you still face any error or feedback please feel free to mention in below comments box.